When you set a goal, be super clear about your INTENTION behind that goal. Your future is not created by a goal that you write down on paper – it’s created based on what you are living as your truth in this moment. And what you are living in this moment will help you achieve your wildest dreams.
When you set a goal, be super clear about your INTENTION behind that goal.
For many years, I was setting goals just so I could achieve something that I didn’t have in the moment – so I could feel something that I couldn’t feel in the moment.
To have a feeling of success that I couldn’t find within myself and to feel a certain way about myself that I couldn’t feel in that moment.
For that reason, those goals became an anticipation of something that I was not – something that I wasn’t in that moment yet.
When you set a goal, be clear about what you experience with that goal as well.
Can you experience the right energy already in that present moment?
Or are you anticipating something in the future that you can’t feel within the moment yet?
If you are setting a specific financial or health goal, feel the abundance that comes with that goal right now.
- If you are setting a specific financial goal, feel the abundance that comes with that goal right now – in this moment.
- If you are setting a health goal, feel the health that comes with it already in the now.
- If you are setting a weight loss goal, feel the excitement about that body already in the now.
Experience it in the now as if you are pulling that future goal back towards the present moment.
So you set an intention for the future, but you pull from that future and let that future inform yourself so it informs the present moment.
The idea is to let that future inform yourself so it informs the present moment.
Surrender on the Path to Your Goals
But can you experience the right energy in this present moment? Or are you anticipating something in the future that you can’t feel in the present?
Because anticipation leads to struggle, and you cannot build on a struggle. You can only build on EMPTINESS.
If you are struggling in some area of your life – such as health or finances – you cannot set a goal and then anticipate the future of that goal, hoping it will be there.
You must find emptiness first, and this is found through SURRENDER.
Surrender in the struggle of that moment so that you can find the emptiness – that blank space where you are OK with who you are in the moment – where you are happy with who you are despite your goals.
From that blank space, ask the Great Spirit:
“Inform this new vision upon me. Help me build a new vision for my future.”
Only from that emptiness can you allow a new energy to come in.
This is Your Practice:
- Your practice is to not only set the goal, but to meditate & feel how you would feel as if that goal was already here.
- When you feel your future goals, let go of the expectations you have so that authentic energy can arise in the moment.
- Never take action from struggle. First, you meditate and surrender to what IS in the moment.
- Your future is not created by a goal that you write down on paper – it’s created based on what you are living as your truth in this moment.
From stillness, presence, and emptiness, you allow the new energy to come in. From that new energy, your true vision can be built.
To learn more, listen to Intention on The Spiritual Game of Business Podcast.